- Identify, contact, or locate an individual or company, or
- To identify an individual’s connections.
- Service Providers of ESASTAP; and
- Any entity which has access to, control of use of and the responsibility to verify such personal information, through this website.
The personal information we collect from the people who visit our website.
When registering or lodging a query on our site, whichever may apply, we may ask you to enter your name, email address, phone number or other personal details which help us to improve your overall experience with the website.
When we collect information
We collect information from you when you
- Lodge a query,
- Respond to a survey,
- Subscribe to a service,
- Fill out a form,
- Make a request for us to contact you,
- Provide us with feedback on our products or services or enter information on our site for any other reason.
How we utilise Personal Information
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- Facilitate the efficient provision of information and services,
- Improve our website experience, in order to better serve you,
- Expediently process and resolve queries,
- Allow us to respond to the data from a survey,
- Conduct follow-ups with users and visitors to the site after correspondence (query, email or phone inquiries etc.), or
- Fulfil reporting and statistical requirements.
How we protect your information
a. The site does not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning payment card scanning.
b. The website only provides articles, forms and information.
c. Users / subscribers are only asked for confidential information, only in so far as it is relevant to the context in which the information would have been requested and given.
d. We use premium Malware Scanning
e. We use SSL certificates and premium security applications.
f. We use Subscriber Management, Client Relationship Management and Reporting Tools.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with an advance notice of such and seek permission. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. We have various partners with whom we conduct business. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
ESASTAP advises you to acquaint and familiarise yourself with the privacy policies of the respective third-party sites and platforms.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the South Africa. These, together with rights, protect everyone’s privacy. These concepts have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to compliance with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
We collect and store your personal information, in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process queries send information and updates pertaining to services and opportunities.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Compile statics and reports.
In accordance with Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2005, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests.
- Delete and destroy PII which has become obsolete.
- Only release your personal information to third parties, with your consent and permission, unless permitted to do so by law.
- A record of such a disclosure shall be kept by ESASTAP and may be made available to you, via a written request to the below email.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your email is received, we will remove you from ALL correspondence.
The content of this website does not and is not intended to create any contract or contractual relationship between a user or visitor to the site, with ESASTAP unless this is expressly stated.