For the first time, the World Science Forum will be hosted in Africa. South Africa, the host, proposed “Science for Social Justice” as this year’s theme.
The South African Department of Science and Innovation is one of the country hosts for World Science Forum 2022.
Submit a thematic proposal today to be considered for this event by 28 February 2022.
Call for Open Thematic Sessions
In 2022 we would like to continue to offer an opportunity for any scientific organisation to apply to organise thematic sessions to be included into the main programme of WSF. Speakers and moderators of approved thematic session are invited to participate at the full programme of WSF free of charge and are offered free accommodation between 5-9 December 2022.
Thematic Sessions format:
- Each parallel session will last 90 minutes.
- Different formats are welcome. Applicants are encouraged to develop interactive session formats to engage the audience at the event.
- There are maximum five parallel sessions running at a time.
- The use of WSF social media (e.g. https://twitter.com/WorldSciForum and Facebook page) should be used to enhance audience interaction prior and during the session.
- The sessions will also be broadcasted on the WSF 2022 digital platform.
- Deadline for submission of session proposals is 28 February 2022.
- Session proposals should be submitted using this form.
- All submitted proposals are reviewed by the Steering Committee of World Science Forum.
- Sessions approved for inclusion in the WSF 2022 programme will be announced by 30 April 2022.
Click here to learn more about this topic.