With a view to building an effective and democratic European knowledge-based society, the aim is to stimulate the harmonious integration of scientific and technological endeavour and associated research policies into European society.
NCP: Christa Van Zyl, HSRC, Tel: +27 12 302 2014
Assistant NCP: Sagren Moodley, DST, Tel: +27 12 843 6515
Supporting changes in the organisation of research institutions to promote gender equality
Florian Holzinger of Joanneum Research would like to offer his expertise to participate as a partner in a project.
The initiative undertaken in this field will provide support to:
- A more dynamic governance of the relationship between science and society
- Research on ethics in science and technology;
- The reciprocal influence of science and culture;
- Conditions for an informed debate on ethics and science;
- Strengthening potential, broadening horizons
- Strengthening the role of women in scientific research;
- Supporting formal and informal science education in schools as well as through science centres and museums and other relevant means;
- Reinforcing links between science education and science careers;
- Science and society communication
- Encouraging a European dimension at science events targeting the public;
- Science prizes;
- Trans-national cooperation among National Contact Points (NCPs) for 'Science in society'.