The South African Department of Science and Technology has appointed National Contact Points (NCPs) to provide guidance and assistance to South African participants in the European Union's new Framework Programme Horizon 2020. The South African NCP Network consists of experts appointed because of their knowledge and experience of participation in European research programmes, as well as their understanding of South Africa's research strengths in the thematic areas they are responsible for.
Dr Isayvani Naicker, Tel: +27 12 843 6332, E-mail: email@example.com
Advanced Materials, Manufacturing and Processing (NMMP)
Dr Neil Trollip, Tel: +27 (0)82 657 0507, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant NCP: Mr Garth Williams, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6340, E-mail: email@example.com
Legal and Financial Aspects
Ms Tugela Matubatuba, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6860, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Mr Phineas Thosago, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6834, E-mail: email@example.com
Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions
Ms Prudence Makhura, Tel: +27 (0)12 481 4077, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant NCP: Mr Thembinkosi Magasela, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6338, E-mail: email@example.com
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Mr Dlamini Zamokwakhe, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6515, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof Sabelo Mhlanga, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6435/(0)11 471 2104, E-mail: email@example.com
Assistant NCP: Dr Manfred Scriba, Tel: +27 (0)12 841 4738, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Tumisang Sebitloane, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6465, E-mail: email@example.com
Assistant NCP: Ms Asanda Sangoni, Tel: +27 (0)12 844 0366, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing
Mrs Glaudina Loots, Tel: +27 (0)21 469 5020, E-mail: email@example.com
Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture, Marine and Maritime Research and the Bio-economy, and Biotechnology
Dr Bongani Ndimba, Tel: +27 (0)21 959 2468, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Maneshree Jugmohan-Naidu, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6470, E-mail: email@example.com
Climate Action, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials
Ms Kogilam Govender, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6526, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Shanna Nienaber, Tel: +27 (0)16 000 134, E-mail: email@example.com
Dr Barend Taute, Tel: +27 (0)12 841 4063, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant NCP: Mr Pieter Goosen, Tel: +27 (0)12 841 2060, E-mail: email@example.com
Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy
Mr Stephen Koopman, Tel: +27 (0)12 842 7264, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant NCP: Dr Karen Surridge, Tel: +27 (0)10 201 4717, E-mail: email@example.com
Inclusive, Innovative and Reflective Societies
Dr Sagren Moodley, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6515, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant NCP: Mr Thabo Radebe, Tel: +27 (0)12 843 6557, E-mail: email@example.com
Dr David Kock, Tel: +27 (0)12 305 6077, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant NCP: Ms Vanessa Flame, Tel: +27 (0)12 305 6077, E-mail: email@example.com
Information and awareness raising
- Circulate general and specific documentation on the H2020 and other EU funding programmes and networks
- Co-organise local and international promotional activities of the EU programmes as approved by the DST (e.g. information sharing days, brokerage events, seminars, workshops).
- Raise awareness and promote SA participation in H2020 and other EU programme to general and targeted audience
Advising and support
- Explain the scope and the modalities of the whole spectrum of funding schemes to be used in H2020.
- Advise on administrative procedures and legal issues (e.g. role and responsibilities of participants in a consortium, costs, rights and obligations of participants, respect of ethical rules. L&F NCP to share presentation with all NCPs
- Assist in partner search activities
- Organise workshops or specific target groups
- Assist the DST in assuring transparency and equal access to H2020 calls by all SA research communities.
Signposting and Feedback
- Provide feedback to the DST on challenges on implementing NCP responsibilities and by participants in the Horizon 2020 Programme.
Other special requirement
- NCPs may on occasion be requested to perform tasks specifically associated with H2020 funded NCP-specific support / coordination actions.
- Such activities may be considered additional to the required NCP responsibilities and additional funding (which may cover man hours) may be provided.
- The DST reserves the exclusive right, at its sole discretion, to negotiate any such activities with an NCP, and/or utilise other experts/persons other than an NCP to undertake such activities.
NCP meeting, 25 February 2014, CSIR